Tuesday, July 26, 2016

We Mermaid 4 Each Other

The current issue at Paper Issues is called Gleam Catchers. It calls for shiny, glittery, and all that sparkles! I think this mermaid tail fits the requirements. I was so inspired by this video lesson by Sandy "Ohsnapgonzo" on YouTube. I made my own cut file on the Silhouette for the tail. You can enjoy it here
Some sequins were the adhesive ones from We R MemoryKeepers and others were from various kits (Studio Calico and Paper Issues Swag Bags) that needed destashing!  I completed the whole mermaid tail while watching The Bachelorette. Perfect mindless tv to adhere sequins!
I kept adding more sequins to fill and overlap my traced pattern of the cut file on white cardstock. 
I added foam adhesive around the cut file after I machine stitched around it. This keeps it elevated above the sequin layer.
The layout before pictures and embellishments. Super sparkly and just what I was hoping it would look like!
Pictures matted on vellum papers, journaling, date stamp, and a few Simple Stories Sunshine and Happiness embellishments. Blue background paper for a mermaid water vibe. Thank you for checking this project out! 

2 comments:

  1. This layout is amazing!!!! Thank you so much for linking up and sharing this!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Erica! I loved your video series in July!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment! I appreciate it!