Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Pawsitively Pets November

Today we are up on the Paper Issues blog with Melissa's Pawsitively Pets Challenge.  This month it's all about using three or more patterned papers and adding mist or paint.
I love the Simple Stories, Hello Fall collection with the rich color tones and fun patterns.  I used the Falling for You woodgrain, Sweater Weather plaid, and leaves print for the main three pattern papers.  The other pops of color are all layered stickers from the 4x6 sticker pack.   I  love all of the die cut pieces and used the larger leaves and feathers from it for the corners.
I started with the background and stitched down the leaf paper frame.  Next, I added mist to the white gesso to get a tan color for a photo mat.  Then I added blue distress ink for an added color.

I added several stickers from the Hello Fall 4x6 pack.  I love that these stickers look the the papers so you can added them wherever you need them.  It worked great to add color behind the photo against the plaid and cover up ink splatters gone wild!
I used the letter stickers included in the sticker pack and the ephemera leaves, feathers and word phrase.  The Bradz or metal clips are a great way to add shine and weight to anchor a cluster of bits and pieces.

I love that sweet Maxie-boy and can't wait to give this layout to my sister for her family's memory book of their beloved pup.
I hope you will join us in documenting any of your pets, animals, zoo, or similar creature related adventures in our Pawsitively Pets Challenge for November.  You have until December 5 to post your design to the PIFF Facebook Group.

Join us in PIFF this weekend, November 11-13 for our fantastic FALL CROP!  We are so excited to see all that you create!  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment! I appreciate it!