Saturday, December 3, 2016

Cut It Up December

Today it's Cut It Up Saturday, and we are inspiring you on the Paper Issues blog with a fabulous new free cut file "Snowballs" to try out this month!

I love that you can put paper or photos behind the messy circle openings or you can add layers on top of the solid circles.
I started with white on white and then cut it out in black as I was set on using the watercolor circles paper from Simple Stories new collection #Whatever.


I used my circle cutters to cut circles for the tops of all of the solid circles.  I then gessoed the background in the circles that are open. 



 I added watercolor to match the other circle splotches of paint.


After the paint dried, I added India ink to create a similar pattern as the paper.  I started out making splatters and then realized  I wanted it more controlled and added the spots with the end of the brush where I wanted them.


I added foam adhesive behind the cut file it helps as the background was wavy due to the mixed media.  

 Embellishments- tone on tone enamel dots from my stash, Dear Lizzy Saturday Thickers, and stickers from this Simple Stories mini collection.  


I love the modern feel to this design and how simple it was to all come together!

Here's my fave smile sticker from the Simple Stories collection.

Have a great weekend! 
 I hope your December is filled with fun traditions 
and that you take some time to create beautiful projects!
Grab this free cut file in the Paper Issues shop and find lots of other things you need!
You have until January 6th to play along with this challenge and post your creation in our PI Facebook group!


Thanks for stopping by my blog today.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment! I appreciate it!