Friday, August 11, 2017

Free File Friday titles: Sun & Fun

I am up on the Paper Issues blog with a new installment of Free File Friday!  
We are focusing on using a cut file title this month!  
I used the Sun & Fun title from the Geo Tropical Palms cut file and converted into stitching dots.  See this blog post for the details on how to get the perfect-sized hand stitching holes by converting the cut file--it's so easy! 
Bella Blvd Secrets of the Sea was perfect for documenting my little fish!


After you convert the cut file lines to stitching marks, I usually cut the cut file out as a solid shape.  This helps when it's a scripty title or other intricate shape so you can lay the shape on top to see where the stitches go as well as spots you might want to add a stitch hole to make the stitching more rounded.

I adore this printed quote paper from Bella Blvd Secrets of the Sea.  I had wanted the quote to show--and voila--I realized by showing only the border of it the top and bottom of the paper display the entire quote.  So very sweet! The ephemera pack and sticker sheet worked well together for layering and adding details.

 I just played with Shimmerz brand watercolors for this layout. I love how it worked on the paper and the way it dried is so pretty.  Some colors were shimmery and all colors played off the color scheme of the Secrets of the Seas papers. I got paint into the stitching area in some spots but the twine just soaks it up.

More stitching and Shimmerz paint close ups on the cut file title. So, here's my "secret of the seas"--I started this stitching layout in June and just completed it in August!!!  Anyone else have page designs that you start and don't finish or take you forever to finish?!


One last view of the title in full. I added lots of splatters as you can see he was all splashed by the waves in the photo. I love the look of the ombre colors in the letters. The Bella Blvd fish were so cute with this design.

 
I hope you are inspired to use a cut file title in your projects this month.  
Paper Issues has so many words, titles, alphabets, and quotes to use to help you with your page designs. 
Create a title and submit your project in the August Challenge thread in PIFF (Paper Issues Friends and Fans on Facebook.)  
Who knows, you might be the lucky one to win a PI store gift card?!
Grab some cut files to download and get ready to create. 
Bonus if you create a title that you converted to a stitching file.
I love seeing what you create.  Tag us on social media so we can share some love!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment! I appreciate it!