Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Meeting Kariel: Mermaids Have More Fun

It's such a fun day! It's Try it Tuesday hosted by Amanda-Jayne.  
She's got a great challenge for October.  
Get your mixed media on your paper and then punch it out, 
cut it out, or use your scissors to create your page elements. 
Go check out the Paper Issues blog for all of the details.  
For my take, I used Shimmerz paints on cardstock and after it dried I ran the paper through the Silhouette with a free PI cut file for my mermaid scallops background.


Here are a few more views:





Don't be afraid to paint, splatter, and get messy on your paper and then use a cutting machine when it's dry!  You may want to flatten the paper overnight before cutting it. Machine stitching or foam adhesive behind the cut file make it easier to deal with warping or uneven surfaces.
We hope you'll play along!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment! I appreciate it!