Sunday, January 28, 2018

Always be the Color

It's Scraplift Sunday at Paper Issues and today we are lifting the amazing design by Amanda!  
Go stop by the blog and check out her awesome
 starry original using Dear Lizzy Star Gazer  
and the PI design team members unique takes on it!
For my take I used a mini paper art spinner
 that was originally designed for little 2x2 pieces of paper, 
I used heavy duty tape to secure my paper and I was in business for spin art background.


Here's a look at the process:

Jillibean Soup Shades of Color paper spinning
 after I added a dropper of Jillibean white watered-down acrylic paint 
to several rings on the background.


After:  Wet paint from the spin art machine.
 Isn't it kind of cool?  It was hard to cover it up!!
 I definitely will be trying out some other colors and layering colors
 to see how rad it can turn out to be for a magical background!


To fill in the burst color areas I added lots of Jillibean Soup Shades of Color ephemera.  I raided my sequin stash and found colors that coordinated in each section of the background.  I also included chipboard bits and Girl Power stickers from Pink Paislee Wild Child, and Dear Lizzy Star Gazer.


The Jillibean word sticker worked so well as a layer over the Wild Child rainbow.  The mix of embellishments wasn't too overpowering in the background as the white edges blended with the white paint spin splatters and they were mostly tone on tone. A part that I love is the "My Girl *bee* heart" cluster, as we often call Brooklyn "B" or busy Bee.


I absolutely love this photo of Brooklyn playing in the fresh powdery snow from Christmas break.  It makes my mom heart happy when she still wants to play outside and lets me take pictures!


So there you have it.  Play--
Play with new methods.  Try new mediums.
Give this a whirl.
Push yourself to use those papers and supplies you haven't touched!
I dare you to play--right now!
Capture your family or friends being playful.
Or take some time just for you--
have some creative play time.
We can't wait to see you play along with the challenges at Paper Issues.

As always, there's a special sale for you!  
Use code: Stacie to save 20% off of everything at Paper Issues!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment! I appreciate it!