Friday, July 21, 2017

Free File Friday: Summer Adventures at Magnolia Market

Today on the Paper Issues blog, it is all about documenting your summer adventures or travels with Paper Issues cut files
 I used the butterfly cut file as a stencil with acrylic paint to get a patterned yellow background. It's ok to be messy! I love the imperfect look as it is just an added texture to the background and you can usually cover up spots that you are not fond of with layering or more embellishments! 
I thought the butterflies were a good choice for documenting my trip to Waco, Texas to see Magnolia Market and the Seed Supply gardens.  Since this photo was of me standing in the gardens I was able to use up lots of the SS Summer Days florals and sun icons as it was over 90 degrees!  I used Simple Stories Summer Days and added two cut file arrows from the Magical cut file set.  Arrows are always a fun idea when documenting a travel excursion or local road trip. 




Project Life style pocket cards work great as titles, layers, and to fussy cut around.  I used several Simple Stories cards in this grouping.


I love these Dear Lizzy Thickers that were part of her last collection.  The colors coordinated well with Simple Stories.


It was a fun day in Waco, TX stopping at a bucket list location for me!  I love all design shows especially watching Chip and Joanna Gaines.  It's a definite 'worth the trip' location! The people were so helpful and kind.  It made our visit so very pleasant.  More of the close up of cut file mixed media background.


Thanks for stopping by for Free File Friday!  I sure hope you will join us and try out your cutting machine with one of the fun designs from PI! Tag us on social media if you use a cut file.  I can't wait to see what you make!
Don't forget to load up on free file downloads and buy all the new things in stock now!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment! I appreciate it!