Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Swag Bag July: E Monogram

Hello!  It's a fun day at Paper Issues.  We have the new swag bag in the shop for July and we are spotlighting lots of ways to use a swag bag on the blog!  I went with creating a monogram letter for my son Ethan using June's swag bag kit.

Here's how I started the monogram:
Step one: print a large block style letter on your printer on regular printer paper.  Trim away the extra paper.  Cut swag bag cards into strips of varying length.  I kept the width all the same.

After all of the monogram is filled with paper pieces.  Stitch in place.  I stitched mine separately from the background as I knew I wanted to add mixed media on the background and use foam dots behind the letter.
 
I embellished with stars included in the swag bag, a geotag, and mini alpha stickers included in the kit!  I love all of the small bits that Cassie includes in her month swag bag kits.


 For the photo layers/mats, I added strips of leftover cards and pieces I didn't use on the monogram.  It adds depth and colors against the busy blue mixed media.


I hope you will Swag Bag with us!  These kits are perfect to try out and fall in love with!  Each month is new and unique.  The kits can also be mixed together.  I used just the June kit for this LO and I still have soooo much left to use.  This is my second time using the kit on a LO!  I love that these can be used in so many ways--think traveler's notebook, pocket pages, cards, and scrapbook layouts or off the page paper projects!
Here's the July kit:
No automatic alt text available.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment! I appreciate it!