Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Try It Tues: Summer Best Day Ever

It's Try It Tuesday at Paper Issues and Amanda has a fun technique to try out!  Get out your acrylic paints and a scraper to blend the dots of paint to create a custom background or layer for your photo!

I went with fun blues and created a larger background to mimic the water for my summer picture at the lake.

First I started with dots of acrylic paint in varying shades. Then I used an old gift card to do my scraping.


Messy threads on a water design is all kinds of texture and fun.  I love the stitching border I used.  I was going to frame it with patterned paper, but the background is so bold and colorful it was better to create texture and lines with multiple rows of machine stitching.



I love the watery and movement this background creates with the paint scraping technique.  I hope you will give it a try and show us your creative take.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment! I appreciate it!